Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Stash Challenge


Using fabric from my blue tub and scraps from a Posh kit I bought from Quilt Taffy, I made this lap quilt for my sister-in-law Peggy's 50th birthday. Nothing fancy, yet these six inch squares represent the blue dishes found in her grandmother's Marthas Vineyard dining room. The colorful border looks like the gingerbread houses found in the island's historic Campground. The border and backing fabric are from Susan Branch's Vineyard collection. My husband will be delivering the quilt at a surprise birthday party this weekend.

3 comments:

Ulla said...

Your quilt does have exactly the same blues as one can see on old porcelain plates and coffee cups. Your sister-in-law will love this quilt!

quiltingnana said...

the blues are beautiful. This will be a lovely quilt to sit and cuddle with

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm on the Summer Stash Challenge too so I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself.

I love the blue and whites you've used. I keep meaning to start a blue and white over papers, but I'm up to my eyes in projects at the moment. I think your SIL will love it- you've put so much thought into it.

Best Wishes,
Melanie